NEED help figuring out this coin sensor / switch thing!!! :-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Tall Shadow said:
Looks to be a LED to Photo transistor set up.

I don't think You would get what you want,by crossing wires 2 & 4.

What you need to do is to pulse the power through the LED and trigger it in to thinking it "Sees" a coin.

Good Luck & let Us know what happens!
Tall Shadow

pulsing it like jneutron mentionned, where i disconnect and reconnect it?

or?

:)

Oh, and i'll definetely let you know how it goes!!! :D

coolies :D

I will possibly give this a shot...

It's tricky... I've posted this on a couple other forums and not one person has really given the same response....

some say disconnect 3 and 6... some say you can't because it's digitally timed... though being that the machine is so old, I figure it's probably not...

I like the idea of disconnecting and quickly reconnecting wire 1...

It sounds very resonable!

The circuit can work in one of two ways..

The first, is the led shines directly on the transistor, and it remains on...when a coin passes between the two, it interrupts the light beam, and the transistor turns off. This is the more reliable method, as the surface of the coin does not matter. To fool the electronics, either disconnect one of the transistor leads or the led lead.

The second method is to have the led shining away from the transistor, and then the coin reflects the light to the transistor, turning it on. This is a less reliable method, as it requires the coin be shiny enough to reflect the beam, but it does allow a more compact led-transistor package, if cost were an issue. To fool this one, shorting the emitter/collector together will fool the circuit into thinking the transistor was on.

Either technique can be spotted by the geometry of the mechanical setup.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.