OPA1632 and THS4131 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th June 2004, 11:04 AM   #1
x-pro is offline x-pro  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Exclamation OPA1632 and THS4131

Few years ago, when I've designed a fully balanced output filter-buffer for Creek Audio CD53, I've used THS4131 chips from TI with excellent results. Recently I've looked into the datasheet of a new "audio" chip OPA1632 from BB, which is now a part of TI. I could not believe it, but it looks like OPA1632 is the same chip as THS4131 (thought for half the price ). All the parameters are the same, with one only exception - input current noise on OPA1632 is lower (and, obviously, these 2 chips are characterised somewhat differently according to the applications). Is it just a coincidence or is it a marketing strategy by TI, as Burr-Brown is a respected name for "audio" chips, and TI is somewhat lacks this image... ?!

Cheers

x-pro
Old 10th June 2004, 11:17 AM   #2
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default Re: OPA1632 and THS4131

Quote:
Originally posted by x-pro
Is it just a coincidence or is it a marketing strategy by TI, as Burr-Brown is a respected name for "audio" chips, and TI is somewhat lacks this image... ?!
... it's not totally unlikely. Burr-Brown breathe professional audio and Texas instruments more like consumer. Even B-B's datasheets looks more professional This can also be the case why TI hasn't skipped the B-B name. Compare PMI and AD. PMI vanished fast when AD bought that company.

I agree that OPA1632 seems extreme, at least when it comes to numbers. Impressing distortion figures
Old 5th July 2006, 06:35 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

HI

I have an SACD SONY SCD XB790, and I would like to replace the output by a OPA1632 or THS4131

The dac is a voltage output differential

How used these fully balanced op amp in this application ? but balanced output !!!

thx
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sony.pdf (27.5 KB, 616 views)
Old 21st July 2007, 04:19 PM   #4
DIGORA is offline DIGORA  Belgium
Account disabled at member's request

UP

Hide this!Advertise here!