Bang & Olufsen connectors pinout?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sockets in equepment:

Powerlink:

Pin 1 = Power link on; on > 2.5V, off =<0.5V
Pin 2 = Signal gnd
Pin 3 = Left
Pin 4 = Speaker on/mute; on > 2.5V, off =<0.5V
Pin 5 = Right
Pin 6 = Data; High > 3.5V, low < 0.8V
Pin 7 = gnd
Pin 8 = Not used anymore, used to be speaker/amp overload

Audio Aux link:

Pin 1 = Left in
Pin 2 = Signal gnd
Pin 3 = Left out
Pin 4 = Right in
Pin 5 = Right out
Pin 6 = Data; High > 3.5V, low < 0.8V
Pin 7 = Not used

\Jens

Bang & Olufsen Powerlink Control Protocol

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the B&O powerlink serial control protocol? I have a BeoLab 2 and a Beolab 7-4 that I would like to control without using a BeoSound system.

To do this I imagine I would need to know the commands to ramp the volume of the speakers and power on / off commands (if this is done using the data line as well as the powerlink on / speaker on lines). I would also need basic protocol infromation (such as is this RS232, TTL etc).

Any help at all would be appreciated, as at the moment I'm completely in the dark about the serial control of these speakers...

Cheers,

Marek von Bertouch

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about the B&O powerlink serial control protocol? I have a BeoLab 2 and a Beolab 7-4 that I would like to control without using a
To do this I imagine I would need to know the commands to ramp the volume of the speakers and power on / off commands (if this is done using the data line as well as the powerlink on / speaker on lines). I would also need basic protocol infromation (such as is this RS232, TTL etc)

the beolab systems have no volume control, all of the volume control is done inside the unit feeling the signal, and the voltage if the signal output is regulated to adjust the volume of the beolab speaker output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.