Input transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi,
I was thinking to build a TVC with Jensen or Cinemag but Kuei over here has changed my mind.
I can't spend around 500euro (or are they cheaper?)right now for two TX102.But I prefer not to build sth cheaper that will sound like a "passive preamp".
What do you say?I have missed something or not?

I didn't see any comments about the Altec/Peerless transformers, those ones in the little shieled can with an octal plug base. They come in various configs for inputs on their older mixers. Anyone know how these compare?

Anyone using anything like vintage telco repeat coils for audio coupling duties?

Repeat Coils revisited

Further to my earlier question which has so far been ignored, I found a link to some info and further links on WE repeat coils like the 111C, and their application on Hi-Fi. I used to have a bunch of these many years ago but too many moves later they are history. I never run across them anymore either. :(

Hi guys,
Can anyone tell me something about these transformers?
Thanks

Attachments

• Altec_Peerless_NL-69176-1.jpg
    Altec_Peerless_NL-69176-1.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 195
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.