repair the Tektronix 2213 oscilloscope,service manual? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th May 2004, 04:37 PM   #1
X.G. is offline X.G.  China
diyAudio Member

Default repair the Tektronix 2213 oscilloscope,service manual?

I recently bought a Tektronix 2213 oscilloscope(used) in a good price.It can work,but...I just found it has 3 troubles :

1.when input of ch1/ch2 set to ground,the trigger indication LED lights,and the basic-line is not a pure line,just a discontinuous line,displaying a singals.Inputing a 1KHZ signals,it displays a 1KHZ signals and an approx 10KHZ sigals!

2.set the sweep speed switch at top 5 speeds position,the intensity is weak.at other positions,the intensity is good.

3.when set the VOLTS/div variable controls of CH2 at 5mv/div or 2mv/div,the basic-line disappears.

I need a Service manual to repair it.

who can share me it's service manual?

Any suggestions for repair?

thanks a lot.

X.G.
Old 1st June 2004, 10:38 AM   #2
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Try:

http://www.reprise.com/host/tektroni...al_sources.asp
Old 1st June 2004, 10:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Go to Tek's web site.

My Tek scope also broke down.
I was asked to go to the Tek web site and search for the service manual. I had to register on line ( easy ) and could down load the full service manual at no charge. I guess your's will also be available. Keep your serial number handy . I can't remember if that was required.
Cheers.
Ashok.
Old 2nd June 2004, 05:04 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks,ashok.I will try it,maybe .

Thanks EC8010.I had searched your the link,but found that the manuals all for sale .

Cause lack of the service manual,I spent much time to trace the circuit of 2213.I had spent a week of amateurish time for repair the 2213 scope ,include checking,reading books of scope basic-theory,reading the tek465 scope manual.

I got the tek465 service manual ,according to the direct of my forum posts(Thanks,DIYaudio!). The 465 muanual has 291 pages,not in my mother language .

After a week of hard work ,I just see that the big trouble(the first and the second in my last post.and corret: It displays approx 100Hz,not 10KHZ) source is from blanking/unblanking circuit . I had spent 3 days to check vertical amp .

The CA3127E of the CH2 input amp IC dead naturaly,after re-soldering the power supply (my first repiar) .I will have some difficutly to buy it.The price of CA3127E is 10 percent of my scope (the 2213 scope has 5 CA3127E's)

I found the polarity of the blanking signals aren't correct yesterday.I will trace the blanking sigals,and waiting for the CA3127E from my Chinese friend on remote region.

Now,I have much knowledges of scope than before
Old 2nd June 2004, 05:32 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Got the manual.

X.G. ,
I downloaded the TDS2000 series service manual for you . It's a 2.1 Mb PDF file. Want me to email it to you?
If not we should ask someone on the forum to provide some space on their server where I can up load it and you can download it from there.
Let me know what I should do.
Cheers,
Ashok.
Old 2nd June 2004, 06:29 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Maybe the service manual of tek 2213,2215,2225,2235 scope would help me much. 2215/2225/2235 maybe same as the strucure of 2213 in the mass. But You could try to email me¡ª¡ª jmxg007@tom.com

Thanks a lot, ashok.

X.G.
Old 2nd June 2004, 11:15 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Check your email.

Hi,
I just sent the file. Check if you received it.
Hope it is useful .
Cheers,
Ashok.
Old 2nd June 2004, 02:13 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I just get two news,one is happy,another is sad.

The happy news is that I just receive the email and the service manual of TDS2000 from Ashok.

Thanks for your help,Ashok.

The sad news is that : after checking repeat tonight,I get the answer in my mind------ the trouble of my 2213 scope is from the CRT,in the other words,the CRT is too OLD ,it cannot stop displaying at the blanking period,that means my scope is 'GAME OVER' .

In the meaning,I lost the monkey and will lost the 2213 scope soon .But I have got more the scope knowledge.

BTW:I download the TEK2465 service manual from here:http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektronix/
Old 2nd June 2004, 02:25 PM   #9
EC8010 is offline EC8010  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

No. X.G. I think you are wrong. I don't believe the CRT is faulty. Come to that, I'm not convinced that the fault is in the unblanking circuit. I would suspect that fault #1 is in the circuit that chops or alternates between the two channels to give two traces.

Fault #2 may not actually be a fault, but poor triggering.

Fault #3 is DC balance in the input amplifier.

Ashok: The TDS2000 series is a rather naff digital 'scope, whereas the 2213 etc is an analogue 'scope.
Old 2nd June 2004, 03:03 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by EC8010
No. X.G. I think you are wrong. I don't believe the CRT is faulty. Come to that, I'm not convinced that the fault is in the unblanking circuit. I would suspect that fault #1 is in the circuit that chops or alternates between the two channels to give two traces.
The scope made in 1981,and according to my repair TV experiences,the old CRT usually have the type of bad cut-off funtion.But I would rather believe in you,EC8010. I will re-check the CRT circuit ,and if the CRT work in correct state.

BTW: the blanking signals is correct, I test wrong yesterday.

Quote:
Fault #2 may not actually be a fault, but poor triggering.
My repair tell me not that.After adjusting the GRID BIAS trimmer,the scope can display.

Quote:
Fault #3 is DC balance in the input amplifier.
YES!!!I agree with you.But the IC of the input amp blew...

Thanks your advice
X.G.

Hide this!Advertise here!