Audyn Caps - US Source?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am trying to acquire about 4 of either of the following Audyn 4.7uF caps:

1. Audyn Cap Plus - 800V
2. Audyn KP-SN - 100V

Between shipping and export/import taxes, these caps are too expensive to purchase from Europe. Any idea where I can get ahold of some in the US?

Thanks,
Bryan

sorry, but that is not quite correct...

You could be right. But if Audyn does not make their own standard polyprops who is making their Plus series?

Solen does not make a "plus" type cap as far as I know.

PS...on a slightly different subject..from the voltage specs it 800V appears as if they parallel 2 normal 400V caps in opposite "polarity" ? or are the parallel caps (by themselves) of better quality than their standard stuff???

or 2 600volts for the 1200volt versions.

Cheers,
Bas

series

AFAIK the Mundorf Supreme cap is built that 2 bifilar wound caps

are connected in series so that the inner foils are the nodes and

the outer foils are just connected. So you get 2 20µF caps for one

10µF in your hand.

I have plenty of Audyn+ es and MCap Sups but they are totally

different, both in sound AND mechanical making.

Intertechnik claims a similar procedure for their +es.

Maybe they are made by the same OEM manufacturer but to

different specs. Everybody can have made his own pink

"Vinzenz Gurkenstrudel" caps when he orders enough!

Uli

:nod: :nod: :nod:

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

or 2 600volts for the 1200volt versions.

Hopefully no one will try to put two 600VDC caps in // to make a 1200VDC cap??:att'n:

The caps are simply wound in anti-parallel to cancel out self-inductance in a similar manner as to the way wirewound resistors have their inductance cancelled by Ayrton-Perry winding techniques.

BTW, anyone can have a series of OEM caps made to specs by whatever factory willing to handle the order.
Naturally its easier and cheaper to choose one that has all or most of the tooling already.
So, it's not because manufacturer X doesn't sell type "Plus" that they won't be making it for someone else, exclusively or not.

Conversely, it's not because manufucturer X has a similar range to brand Y that manufacturer X is actually making something for brand Y.

Cheers,;)

JC Fardo said:
Aquablue from Antwerp lists Mundorf and Audyn and may be a little cheap on S&H. Not sure though. Ask Benny.

http://www.diyparadiso.com/

JC

JC,

Yeah... gotta give Benny a plug. Just received these beauties (see attachment) in the mail a while back. Look great... can't wait to give them a listen.

Thanks All,
Bryan

Attachments

• audyn plus mkp.jpg
    audyn plus mkp.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 391
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.