Black Gate Capacitors are JUNK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cerafine would be fine

I had intended to use mostly Cerafine caps that Jocko gave me for this but I guess I could concede to one film cap. This is probably fine as is for CD. Good point, I ran simulation from 1 Hz and missed it. That pesky Spice! This is also a test bed for the Zetex mosfets that no one wants to talk about. DC gain is zero on cap coupled circuit by the way.

Re: Cerafine would be fine

HarryHaller said:
I had intended to use mostly Cerafine caps that Jocko gave me for this but I guess I could concede to one film cap. This is probably fine as is for CD. Good point, I ran simulation from 1 Hz and missed it. That pesky Spice! This is also a test bed for the Zetex mosfets that no one wants to talk about. DC gain is zero on cap coupled circuit by the way.

I think it is a nice circuit. I know that the DC gain does not come through C9, i was talking about DC gain on the drain of X4.
Then you are actually going to build something you have simulated!?!?!?.... wow! ;)

You do not know how many times i have said oopsss the last month!! I have been working on a weldcontroller for spot/resistancewelding... YEs they still use them with big Trafo and Thyristors.. There is about 3 - 5 things who need to be changed on the PCB.

But i am also working a highcurrent probe for AC wich works with a inductor with. Could be usefull for protection circuit in audioamplifier as it is not "inserted" into the circuit.

Sonny

ah, inductors to detect current, cool. i was just flipping thru the digikey catalog around 3am last night and passed by some "current sensing coils." i was like, huh... then i thought, oh, that is pretty neat actually. let us know if you get it to work, as much as we hate protection circuits they're still better than a smoking amp (i would know.... :rolleyes: )

Don't know about being "junk" but $$$ !

I would not be inclines to class them as junk if only because so many folk seem to get good results from them. At the same time, a lot of people seem to get good results with much less pricey components. I'm kind of of the opinion that with a good design decent but ordinary components will do the job. But just as some people like to tart their Mustangs and Camaros up with chrome valve covers have no practical significance, I'm rather tolerant minded of folks who like to use the latest gold plated boutique components.

If we were practical we would realize we could get "good enough" sound from Circuit City.;) :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.