For John and Dan - TDS210 display replacement.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ashok said:
Hi John and Dan,
I collected my replacement display for the TDS 210. It looks fine. That's the good part. The bad part is that I couldn't figure how to open up the scope !!
:bawling:

Can you guys help out with some suggestions?
Thanks,
Ashok.

If you go to the tektronix web site, and register with them, you can download the service manual for the scope. I downloaded it a while ago. (Usually you'll need the serial number of the scope to be able to download the manuals) It looks like section 6-28 of the service manual has instructions on removing and installing the display.

If you can't find the manual, email me, and I'll send you the PDF that I have. (note it's about 1.6mb download, 120 pages long)

Hope this helps!

-Dan

P.S. Keep us updated on your progress...

Display changed.

Hi Dan,
I downloaded the service manual from the Tek site.
The whole process of dismantling was quite easy. I have replaced the display and it works fine. My old display had a protective front (transparent) cover that was shiny and reflected bright lights easily. The new one has a dull finish. Must be obviously from a later batch of displays. It's better this way.

One small catch however. I set the contrast to get a nice clear display. After about an hour , after the machine warmed up quite a bit , the display became slightly dark and I had to reset the contrast of the display. I will have to leave the machine on all day to check if it happens again.
I can't remember this happening with my older display. Is something wrong ?
Thanks.
Ashok.

Seems to be fine.

Hi John,
The display takes about 10 minutes to settle down and looks OK. The contrast level on switch on is wrong but becomes OK after about 10 minutes. I left it on a whole day and it remained fine. So I think the heat must be the cause of the variation. Once it stabilises it seems to be fine. The display looks fine too.
It's been fine the last two days. I think all's well.

Thanks a ton.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Hi John,
The display takes about 10 minutes to settle down and looks OK. The contrast level on switch on is wrong but becomes OK after about 10 minutes. I left it on a whole day and it remained fine. So I think the heat must be the cause of the variation. Once it stabilises it seems to be fine. The display looks fine too.
It's been fine the last two days. I think all's well.

Thanks a ton.
Cheers,
Ashok.

WOW...thats good job...can anyone suggest where i can get the replacement part ie display, My lab has one display faulty oscilloscope lying useless,and the link where I can download the service manual. thx in advance..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.