just got new heatsinks from Conrad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I ordered them from Julian on 5/11/04 and they arrived today 5/17/04, much faster than I expected and nicely packaged . Thumbs up to Julian!

2 MF25-75 and 2 MF30-1F-75 heatsinks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

MF25-75 and BrianGT GC board

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I also have ordered the MF30-75 and was very impressed with the speed and price of air freight from aus to UK. Highly recommended.

Conrad also appear to be the only company I can find that actually sell heatsinks of useful deimensions, fin orientation and style. Big thumbs up to em !

I use Conrad heatsinks exclusively on all my AKSA kitsets, and they are premium quality products. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Well priced, beautifully made, and VERY good service. I've been dealing with him about ten years now, at first in hobby quantities, now commercial. His packaging is outstanding, too.

Julian is now a good friend; only a week ago I attended his brother's 40th birthday!

Cheers,

Hugh

5th element said:
I also have ordered the MF30-75 and was very impressed with the speed and price of air freight from aus to UK...
Was this Australia Post or is there a cheaper service Conrad use?

I'd dearly love a couple of MF-30-IF-75 weighing in at 2.28kg nett and a snip at A$54.72 (£22.60), and have been trying to get an idea of total cost of ownership before approaching Conrad.

AP economy air would add around A$56.50 (£23.35), sea mail A$35.50 (£14.67). UPS delivery was a scary amount. :hot:

What duty charges have UK customers faced? I gather there's 17.5% VAT on imported goods over £18 value, anything else? :scratch:

Any info/experiences from the UK welcome...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.