|Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|9th May 2004, 06:07 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edgewood, NM
Where to buy bits and pieces?
I am in the process of aquiring parts and finishing design for my first real audio project, a MOSFET 150W monster
A few questions on where to buy parts:
1. Where should I buy small, high-quality parts such as RCA jacks and speaker binding posts? They must be insulated as I plan on using an aluminum chassis.
2. Where is a good, inexpensive place to get PCB's made? I can create gerber file outputs, I will use EWB Utiliboard for design.
3. Where can one aquire a nice, heavy, metal knob for the volume control? I don't want a chinsy little plastic unit...
4. I have heard of people using "Frontpanelexpress" to create custom faceplates for their units. What is the consensus on the quality of the units? What other options might I have?
5. Where do heatsinks come from? I need something fairly large....
Thanks for any help!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|7 Easy Pieces||Nelson Pass||Pass Labs||86||10th January 2011 11:47 AM|
|FS: AD1862 - 4 pieces||Clutz||Parts||0||27th May 2008 07:10 AM|
|Hm170z2 2 Pieces||JEAN-MAX||Multi-Way||2||27th March 2008 10:40 PM|
|FS, my old system and bits and pieces||Toast_Master||Swap Meet||2||16th July 2006 01:36 PM|
|FS: Tubes--84 pieces, NOS||gengis||Swap Meet||0||9th January 2006 02:27 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|