Fake ELNA capacitors ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Arius said:
MikeHunt79's capacitors are FAKE.

Rubycon USR and USC series both do not come in 105 deg (high temp) ratings. I know coz I just ordered a batch direct from the factory.

Beware of cheap EBAY parts (especially if shipped from HK/China)
Damn, I wish I checked on here before buying them. :(

I won't be using them if they are fake, but I wonder if these are:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7623949510

They are shipped from the UK which is good, and they are rated at 85 degrees instead of 105. The only bad thing is I can't find much info on the CE69W range. :xeye:

i bought a few of the exact blue elna caps shown in the first post a few months ago.
They were bought from a capacitor shop in the Tehran, Iran electronics bazaar. The shop was only selling Elna caps and the owner was the authorised Iran importer of elna (at least he said he was - and his shop was piled high with elna boxes). The blue ones i bought were described as OEM. I remember asking if he had any other 'for audio' caps, and he pulled out some labelled 'Pioneer - for audio', and said they too were surplus oem caps also made by elna and apparently rebadged. The quality was not as nice as the blue ones.

Sadly he didn't have any cerafines or silmics - he said there was no demand for these in Iran because of the price, and said he generally bought OEM surplus in bulk or otherwise the cheap, standard caps of the most popular values because that was all people wanted.

I remember paying about 5-7 US dollars each for the blue elnas, cannot remember exactly. I'm now using them in a peranders-style DC filter, and they work fine.

.... reminds me of the silver Siltech Interconnects i bought from China... .and Siltech Speakercable ..
When we closely examined because the sound was a bit ´strange´ for pure silver it was a fake.

But all... the Printing , the Colour -nice blue- a.o. details on the cable were hardly different. One cannot see from the pictures.
Probably am not the only one cursing ......

At Siltech they were kind of understanding telling me that ±70 % of all offered Siltechs on Ebay are fake...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.