10 uF Polypropylene caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am looking for some quality polypropylene caps in 10 uF value. Here is the problem: I'm looking for smaller size caps and therefore lower voltage (i.e. 60 to 70 V values would be enough). Solen and other quality polypropylene caps are usually 250 V or more and the size is therefore quite large for what I am looking for. Anyone have any ideas?

thank you

john

caps

Had kind of the opposite problem as you, the 10 uF coupling caps specified by Nelson Pass in the BOSOZ are digikey EF1106-ND (100 V, quite small), and I wanted a high quality equivalent and yeah, it turned out that everything including Solen was much larger. Maybe they are better, maybe not, but they cost about the same. I went with the Solen.

So if you want smaller 100V rated 10 uF go with these Panasonics

I've done a lot of looking and the Panasonics mentioned, above, from Digikey seem to be absolutly the smallest footprint available. The next largest are huge in comparrison.

The only alternatives are oppossed electrolyics, aluminum or tantalums, or bi-polar aluminum electrolytics. You probably consider these sub-optimal.

Yes, I'm looking for quality polypropylenes not polyester caps. Smaller polyester caps are not hard to find. Where can I find these caps by Monacor? Never heard of it.

By the way this is for doing a DIY sonic upgrade to an Audio Analogue Puccini SE integrated amp. The designer of the amp suggests replacing four 0.01 uF caps (I think WIMA but not sure - would have to look at the design doc again) with 10 uF polypropylene caps. Problem is that there isn't much space on the board...

thank you

john

If you are still interested- Auricap makes a 10uF, 200v cap that's 1.27" X 1.50" and has nice long flexible leads that will allow you to be creative in it's mounting. If are are not familiar with how musical these caps are- search the web for the testimonials. There are lots of them!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.