digital pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for digital pots for audio volume control (32 position)that are easy to control with a pic. I have read about the serial control protocols, but I'm looking for something that is easier to control using a pic. I'm also looking for digital switches, which can be used to select the input; also controllable with a pic. Any suggestions are appreciated.

What language do you use, what pic do you want to use?

In assembler its straight forward:

PGA_WR
BCF SCLK

BCF CS_PGA ; Chip select
CALL WAIT10
BTFSC volume,7
BSF SDI
BTFSS volume,7
BCF SDI

BSF SCLK ;Bit1
BCF SCLK

BTFSC volume,6
BSF SDI
BTFSS volume,6
BCF SDI

BSF SCLK ;Bit2

BSF SCLK ;Bit15

BCF SCLK
BTFSC volume,0
BSF SDI
BTFSS volume,0
BCF SDI

BSF SCLK ;Bit16

BCF SCLK
CALL WAIT10
BCF SDI
CALL WAIT10
BSF CS_PGA ; Chipdeselcet

RETURN

of corse you can also make it nice and pretty with a loop...

We (Pieter and me) have this http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~tpa/space/IM002696b.jpg
device running, but firmware is made is assembly. To me it looks there is not much difference between assembly and high level languages on a MC, as most time you need to server hardware of the chip. Advantage is you are not involved in any compiler license and may distribute assembly code and binary free as you want on the net. Also a compiler is limited or does cost money. An assembler is not limited and for free.

Its also with 16F877A, i will put some information on it on my homepage in short time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.