Large Heatsinks anyone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Too thin??

I guess those heatsinks can, just like 99% of the rest of the heatsinks on the market, benefit from a copper heat spreader. A nice 50 * 12 or 15mm busbar would do wonders for the component working temp.

This is though the usual (pretty trivial) post thats gonna be followed by somebody saying "ooohh yes, what a great idea"

To be followed by a post from somebody who have checked how much such a busbar is, saying "the benefit dosnt justify the cost, I will live with the less than optimal construction of a mosfet in the middle of the heatsink"

This is not to sound grumpy, just to save you guys some time and effort :)

Magura:)

Its used in many other applications, he may have seen is among the overclockers or the like.

The idea is great... nothing less, but usually it turns out that you will only use such an approach for smaller applications because of the cost. The heaatspreader approach is too expensive for anything as big as an amp. Ive made a few tests with this approach for very big heatsinks like the ones in question, and the performance is second to none with the adequate amount of copper attached. But to really make it kick ***, you need to cover most of the base with a copper plate at least 15% the thickness of the lenght of the heatsink....a pricy game :(

Magura:)

How good to these heatsinks look?

I am sortof looking for some with these dimentions, and £20 for a two foot length looks cool.

I dont know how this price compares to other stuff i would be able to get in the UK, but looking at most companies they have a minimum order of like 50 and I only need 2 or 4. :(

[edit]: He wont ship to the UK. :( damn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.