Need Dual Concentric Detented 4-Gang 50K Reverse Log Pot, 6mm Threaded Bushing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI we are looking for "Dual Concentric Detented 4-Gang 50K Reverse Log Pot, 6mm Threaded Bushing", they used to be available at New Dual Concentric Detented 4-Gang 50K Reverse Log Pot, 6mm Threaded Bushing. PD but they no longer carry this item. We would be happy with a like replacement. Please let us know if any of you might have a suggestion. Sadly they website does not supply the cut sheet for dimensions. Thanks in advance -

Steve

I wish you luck. Whoever that was originally made for, it was almost certainly custom made. You can go to any catalog like Alps or Noble or whoever, and find how to make up a part number for it, then they will make them for you. Of course you will need to make a minimum order of say 1000 of them.

Joined 2011
Since I may not be able to buy this exact part, where could i buy a similar one
that might still be in production? We would want similar size, and 2 knobs that would both
control separate audio outputs.

Why can't you buy another (same model) mixer for parts?

Also, if some variation of the part (even with 1 deck) is still available,
you could disassemble the bad pot and replace bad elements with new ones.
The detents are likely from a toothed wheel and ball bearing, like found on
many cheap pots. I always removed those parts from the Alps pots that I
have used, to reduce unnecessary wear and improve the feel.

Last edited:
We were looking for a fairly large quantity (100 - 200) so that is the reason that we were hoping not to have to assemble or buy a parts system to get one or two. We believe that we can get someone to make them but as mentioned on the post they will usually want 1000 or more.

We believe that we can get someone to make them but as mentioned on the post
they will usually want 1000 or more.

Then send out an RFQ to the usual suspects with detailed specs and see what happens.
Maybe the mfr order requirements are not so onerous. The dual concentric shafts may
be the most difficult aspect. Perhaps 1000 pcs will only cost twice as much as 200 pcs
would (if they were available in smaller numbers).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.