Driver TS Parameter Differences

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

So I currently have an SB Acoustics SB23MFCL45-8 that will used in a mates car as a sub. I've gone through a 24 break in where I played a 28.5Hz (fs on the spec sheet) tone at a level that gave roughly 70% Xmax. the parameter I've measured using DATS V2 are completely different to those on the spec sheet, can anyone tell me why this might be and what I should do about it? like should I be worried that it's a bad driver or just continue with he project using the measured parameters?

Thank you,
Will

Attachments

• SB23 DATS.jpg
    SB23 DATS.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 81

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
spec-
fs 28.5Hz
Qts 0.43
Vas 1.3cu ft
fs/Qts = 66.3

test-
fs 30.3
Qts 0.42
Vas 1.95 cu ft
fs/Qts = 72.7

Your fs is slightly higher even though the speaker is softer (higher Vas). This suggests the mass is less than the speaker on the factory sheet. fs/Qts is a little higher suggesting the BL product is a little higher.

Design your box around your own measurements. It won't come out much different, but you may as well go by your own numbers.

If you are truly expecting *deep* bass (from a Six?), then add 10 or 20 grams of solder to the voice coil joint to get midrange efficiency down and extend the bottom. Again not a big difference but this is DIY.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.