Photos and Experiences With Various Chinese eBay Chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I’m seen some nice and unusual designs on eBay lately.

There’s one similar to casework by Nagra, Dartzeel, Bolder, etc. Even the Pass Labs stuff. It seems the casework is getting better from China than in years past... at least, what makes it onto eBay / Alibaba.

Some have nice VU meters integrated and other touches that could save some money on custom panels.

I figured it would be nice to have a place to collect photos and experiences with some of these.... as once it’s travelled halfway across the earth you’re kind of stuck with it.

Anyone buy any of the above mentioned? Or another unusual chassis? Curious what they look like in person / if you were ultimately satisfied.

PS I’m not trying to copy commercial designs or anything like that so save the vitriol for other threads.

Here's one I bought on Ebay. I think it's Chinese. I packaged my all discrete, DC coupled, 60W mono block, class A/B power amp in it.
BTW, this is the first image I've ever posted. Hope it works.

Good:
1. The top and bottom are extrusions are well anodized and fit together nicely. One could make the case shorter by cutting them down with no other impact. Front and rear screws will still screw into the rails just fine. I wish I coul dlocate the source and buy just those.
2. I like the concept of a thick brushed aluminum over-sized front panel. It looks nice and you can recess pots/switches etc for a real pro look.
3. Can't beat the price.

Bad:
1. You will be damn lucky if you can use all the holes drilled in the front and back panels. I wish they sold those without any predrilled holes. On the other hand, it came with a power switch, IEC320 power inlet, volume control and nice knob, holes pre-drilled all for a low price.
2. the silkscreen nomenclature is fragile - wears off easily.

pdf.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.