Rectifier Diodes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cheers guys.

Just like to point out that I did search. I get annoyed myself when I see people posting that is obvious stuff that could be easily searched for, so I triued hard not to fall victim to this. Unfortunately there's so much 'noise' to wade through I still didn't find definitive answers when I tried.

One of those links roddyama posted was good though and has helped a lot :)

MBR20200 looks like a good choice.

Regarding searching on this forum, very often I get frustrated too.

It's just like getting a loan from the bank. If you want to borrow some money, you have to prove to the bank that you don't need it.

If you want to search something, you have to have read it somewhere here previously. Otherwise you won't know where to start, especially if you are new here.

Anyway, just my thoughts and I have always wanted to mention it.

richie00boy said:
I don't believe that the sound of different diodes used in rectifiers can be detected, but I do believe that there can be EMI benefits by selecting the correct rectifier diode.

Are Schottky diodes quieter/softer in terms of emissions than Ultrasoft? What exactly are HEXFREDs?

Seriously I don't see what the diffrence would be at 50/60Hz.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.