5532 opamp replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was planning to replace the two OP amps in my old Sony CDP-x222ES: These are RC5532DD (L Ray 10688), see
http://2bak.homepage.dk/opamp.jpg
I'm also doing a Clock modification with LClock from LC Audio + various mechanical tweaks.
My question is: Which good audio IC's could replace the 5532's dual op amps in my Sony? I will plug in two 8 pin dip sockets so I can easily swap and test different types.

Would OP275 be OK? Or AD712? Or... ?

Thanks /Jan
:cool:

Hello Jan,

you could try the AD825 module from LCAudio wich uses two single smd opamps that can be plugged into a dip8.
There´s also the possibility to use one or two OPA627 AU with the same module.
If you want to use a dual opamp try an OPA2604 (rel. cheap) or OPA2107 (rel. expensive)
I tried them all and think that the AD825 module is the best value.

william

Hello Jan

If the AD825 modules from LC seems too expensive for a first try, then you can experiment with the OPA2132 or OPA2134 instead. I don´t know where you get your components (der er jo ikke så mange elektronikbutikker i Helsingør :) but RS and Farnell carries both versions and they´re both in DIP-8 packages, so they are easier to work with than the 825.

Hope this helps!
/Uffe

5532 replacement

Try the AD826. It's a dual opamp, it has better specs than the AD825, and it's less expensive than
the module from LC audio. It's also pretty stable. I haven't had to bypass or decouple one
yet. The Burr Brown stuff is nice, but the 826
definitely beats them in terms of clarity and transient response.

Matt

Check out this thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3212

The HeadWize and Head-Fi gurus say the AD826 is not as good as the AD8610 or AD825. The AD826 is bipolar input, not FET, which is a big black mark in my book. I am still waiting for my AD826 to arrive. Analog was backordered about a month on them. I have not actually heard it yet, but I don't expect it to be a chip of choice. The AD8610 and AD825 are both great.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.