MJ15150 datasheet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Glancing at a late DC300A-II that needs maintenance, I failed to find any data about the MJ15150. It looks like that documents from Crown and AE-Techron are the only ones to mention this part.

I am looking for typical hFE. Does someone have some info to share ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Do you have a dead one that you can sacrifice? If so, carefully cut the top off with a hacksaw and leave the die intact. Based on what amp it's in, it's either 15003 or 15024, selected for vbe match. Can tell easily by looking at the die. Could be any of the 15xxx parts actually, but the only ones strong enough to replace the old 2N3773's were the two I mentioned.

Crown and others just used off the shelf parts with custom numbers for vbe and hfe binning. Then matching in production was as simple as using the same part #. When you replace them, match vbe and do a whole parallel bank of 4 at once.

I have one channel positive half that is completely fried: all TRs and their emitter resistors. I think I'd better buy a handful of new parts and do match them with the hope they come from the same batch.

According to ON semi specs, I went to the same conclusion than you: MJ15003 and MJ21196 are replacement for the original parts. I am not an EE hence the need for advice from savvy people like you here.

@Enzo, thanks for your feedback about hFE.As you pointed it and following wg_ski's recommendation I will concentrate on Vbe measurement.

Thanks for your very helpful asnwers. :up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.