amp power rail fuse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
Just an update, finally gotten time to test out the Schurter fuses. Well it really does makes a difference compared to normal glass fuse. Firstly everything becomes a little larger.

Music, instruments etc carries more weight. What's really nice is on percussion instruments, the shimmer is more real & decays sounds real nice, all good but caveat it sounds slightly slower over glass fuse so strange. Let's see if it will speed up as the fuse burns in.

Cheers

Hi Scott,
My mono amp has 2 fuses on each amp modules. Original glass fuse were rated
7 amps each, the Schurters that Im using are 6.3 amps, kind of makes me wonder if its the lower amp rating meaning thinner wire is causing the slowness.
That was the highest that Mouser carried at my end. What’s your thoughts Scott ?

Hi Guys,
Just an update, finally gotten time to test out the Schurter fuses. Well it really does makes a difference compared to normal glass fuse. Firstly everything becomes a little larger.
Music, instruments etc carries more weight. What's really nice is on percussion instruments, the shimmer is more real & decays sounds real nice, all good but caveat
it sounds slightly slower over glass fuse so strange. Let's see if it will speed up as the fuse burns in.

Cheers

Oh the immense power of the Placebo Effect.

Wonder if any Human on Earth can tell them appart in a properly made double blind test :rolleyes:

Hi Scott,
My mono amp has 2 fuses on each amp modules. Original glass fuse were rated
7 amps each, the Schurters that Im using are 6.3 amps, kind of makes me wonder if its the lower amp rating meaning thinner wire is causing the slowness.
That was the highest that Mouser carried at my end. What’s your thoughts Scott ?
Mmm, not sure about that, wouldn't the constriction have the opposite effect?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.