Help ID Neotech cable and quality of it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone:

Extreme newbie here.

I had about 8 feet of this Neotech cable given to me. I know it says "Interconnect" on it, but I was just wondering how good quality this is compared with minimum standards of quality...eg..does it have double-braided shield + foil shield. Also, I don't know what impedance it is.

Can anyone ID this and tell me how well it will perform as an interconnect?

Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN2503 - web ready.jpg
    DSCN2503 - web ready.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN2504 - web ready.jpg
    DSCN2504 - web ready.jpg
    742.3 KB · Views: 215
It appears to be designed to extract money from audio enthusiasts. However, the electrical design looks solid enough so it probably is good enough for use as an unbalanced analogue audio interconnect. If you want to use it for digital audio then you need to find out whether it is 75 ohm characteristic impedance; I suspect not, because it might say so on the jacket if it was.

Thanks. Well, seeing as I got it for free, I won't worry about its cost. It was given to me by a friend who paid about $10.00 for it IIRC.

Is it possible for me to tell if both types of shielding are included in this cable just by looking at it?

Is there a tutorial somewhere for soldering on RCA connectors that doesn't involve lots of snake oil and/or sacrificing of virgins? I'd like to be able to use this.

KHS-112C: ”Double shielded (black conducting PVC foil and OFC braid) OFC mono interconnect cable in dark blue PVC jacket. OD: 7 mm. Cross-section of the internal wire is 0,43 mm2. R: 0,042 Ohm/m, C: 62,59 pF/m, H: 0,451 uH/m/l kHz, Z: 72,33 Ohm. Ideal for video signal transmission.”

I find Vandamme cables are the easiest to use both for domestic and industrial use. Quality insulation and a choice of sizes, capacitance and colours.
Not the cheapest but by no means expensive.

Vandamme is a UK company. Their top line is made from Hitachi Long Crystal OFC. I am planning to DIY one pair of speaker cable for myself. :up:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.