Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Chinese vs US made diodes; Is there a Difference?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th March 2018, 08:13 PM   #11
trobbins is offline trobbins  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quickly measuring on voltage and reverse recovery seems worthwhile, especially as we would buy 50x (as I did) or 100x. Reverse recovery can be checked with a signal generator at circa 5kHz and a scope and sense resistor., and comparing parts.
Old 18th March 2018, 10:18 PM   #12
leadbelly is offline leadbelly  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo View Post
I meant no offense.
Certainly no need to apologize, even if I was offended, which I was not. I was just trying to point out that any determination of value changes when any of the inputs change significantly.

Chinese vs US made diodes; Is there a Difference?Hide this!Advertise here!