Parts Express - importing to UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, thinking about placing a small order from Parts Express. Goods I'm after are $400. It shows another $200 for Economy International delivery this states that import taxes and duties are included. Has anyone got any experience ordering from them? Will there really be no more import charges to pay? Thanks

Thanks for the link. I agree postage isn't cheap but it includes import duty, tax, etc. Still is slightly excessive to be fair.

I'd love to source it from within the UK or even from anywhere this side of the pond. However no one else seems to have what I'm looking for. These are for spares when my ribbons eventually give up ghost. I can't seem to find another supplier anywhere. In case anyone is wondering ribbons in question are Aurum Cantus G3.

From experience I'd expect to pay around $100 in all import related charges on an item costing circa $350. When importing Minidsp it worked out $355 plus $30 postage plus £70 ($100) import related costs. Paying $130 to import the item worth $355.

Here it's $200 cost to import $400 worth of goods. Quite steep to be honest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.