Dynalo parts replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, just ground the negative input for unbalanced input

Thanks. BTW, do you know any website which provides good documentation of this amp?

The that 340 is made of BJT, not jfet. The new dynalo is also a balanced design with a low input impedance. They're really very different amps.

What's the difference on sounding between BJT and JFET'

The that 340 is made of BJT, not jfet. The new dynalo is also a balanced design with a low input impedance. They're really very different amps.

You are correct. The THAT chips are BJT, not JFET. However you can use JFETs as a few have been built using an adapter PCB for the toshiba transistors you mentioned.

While the toshiba transistors are no longer available, couldn't you use the lsk170/lsj74 from the diyaudio store?

The beta22 is a big powerful amp. Great if you have hard to drive headphones. If you have easier cans to drive, I'm not sure there's any real benefit.

Honestly, all my headamps are gathering dust since I built a small one based on opamps in the feedback loop of one another.

Btw, I found over the years that most of the differences between competent amps were absolutely minor. I'd rather spend money on headphones. They do make a big difference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.