IF Discriminator Transformer for Marantz 2325?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm servicing a Marantz 2325 that has a problem in the IF discriminator. Closer inspection revealed that the slug in the IF discriminator transformer is shattered/cracked radially in several places.

To properly effect a repair, this will need replacement.
I am looking for any leads to a suitable replacement. Thanks!

Do you have any dimensions on the slug? Dan's Small Parts has threaded ferrite slugs, 5/16L x 3/16W at 10/$2.50 right now, and quite a few other coils that might have a suitable donor slug.

If you have a picture of the xfmr, or some specs, I might have a nos one. I know I have ratio transformers, not sure about discriminator, and I'm guessing they are 10.7 MHz.

Win W5JAG

No idea what the dimensions are. Or what type of core material it's made of. All I can state is that a 1/16" Allen key will fit it. The transformer is a typical discriminator IF transformer used in Marantz and some other brands.
I'm recovering from a bad flu for the past week. I can't lift of move anything for a while. But when I feel better, I'll try to get some photos and dimensions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.