Replacement NJM2068DD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Gentlemens, hi! Who will tell you that the faster you can replace NJM2068DD in the tonestack? Or is it like a fish umbrella?

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 343
I think you would be better served by replacing all those signal-path electrolytic capacitors with polypropylene ones.

Tried. In the presence of a WIMA MKS2 and MKP4 WIMA. Not like. With the top film too dusty, so returned the electrolytes back. But instead of the stock set Silmic 2. With them, the sound is more like.:wave2: Be sure to try another foil WIMA FKP2. Or Rifa PFR series.

Last edited:
If you can find some and there is room, the Wima mkp 10 is good in the signal path, needs to run for a while before sounding best though, as do most capacitors it seems.
A good combination is a Nichicon Muse es bypassed with a .22uf 600v mkp 10.
Another thing to try is a .01 to .1 uf film cap across the power pins.
My favorite for that is the surplus K71-5, polystyrene.

I am surprised that you like the electrolytic Silmic II over the polypropylene MKP4. But some people like a little bite in their soup. BTW, the MKS is polyester, not polypropylene. As for the IC, in this fairly-high source impedance application, you might try a FET-type opamp like a OPA1642. It's a lot more money than a NJM2068 (which is a bargain), but you may prefer the sound.

I am surprised that you like the electrolytic Silmic II over the polypropylene MKP4. But some people like a little bite in their soup. BTW, the MKS is polyester, not polypropylene. As for the IC, in this fairly-high source impedance application, you might try a FET-type opamp like a OPA1642. It's a lot more money than a NJM2068 (which is a bargain), but you may prefer the sound.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't like the sound of the tape. Swallow release, especially on the upper frequencies and good electrolyte here helping me. I also do not like operational amplifiers with FET input, like the sound is good, interesting, but still something is missing. So I prefer the amplifiers on bipolar;). With respect, Andrew.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.