Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Replacement NJM2068DD
Replacement NJM2068DD
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th February 2018, 08:52 AM   #11
dotneck335 is offline dotneck335  United States
diyAudio Member

I am surprised that you like the electrolytic Silmic II over the polypropylene MKP4. But some people like a little bite in their soup. BTW, the MKS is polyester, not polypropylene. As for the IC, in this fairly-high source impedance application, you might try a FET-type opamp like a OPA1642. It's a lot more money than a NJM2068 (which is a bargain), but you may prefer the sound.
Old 13th February 2018, 09:32 AM   #12
kumiroff is offline kumiroff  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotneck335 View Post
I am surprised that you like the electrolytic Silmic II over the polypropylene MKP4. But some people like a little bite in their soup. BTW, the MKS is polyester, not polypropylene. As for the IC, in this fairly-high source impedance application, you might try a FET-type opamp like a OPA1642. It's a lot more money than a NJM2068 (which is a bargain), but you may prefer the sound.
Thanks for the advice, but I don't like the sound of the tape. Swallow release, especially on the upper frequencies and good electrolyte here helping me. I also do not like operational amplifiers with FET input, like the sound is good, interesting, but still something is missing. So I prefer the amplifiers on bipolar. With respect, Andrew.
Old 19th February 2018, 01:57 PM   #13
kumiroff is offline kumiroff  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Do you think LME49860 will come here?

Replacement NJM2068DDHide this!Advertise here!