Looking for replacement transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I have a Nakamichi PA-7 that is in need of a few new transistors, the ones I'm looking for are:
2sa1320
2sa1321
2sc3334

The options are either buy them at $2-$5 on eBay and take the risk of getting a fake and/or defective device.

I've found a few on DigiKey that has same electrical specs, but different pin configuration.

So, does anyone know about replacements that have the same pin config ?

Thanks,

Japanese transistors in general have same pinout so search that way.
American and European in general are different, but if mounted "upright" and TO92 case (or similar) you can "cross their legs" so they match.

Now if they are mounted on PCB *and* on a heat sink you can´t twist legs (ok, you can in an emergency :( ) so straight go for Japanese ... same specs of course.

EDIT: the point is: why do you think they are bad?

IF you are trying to repair an amp by random replacing all parts hoping to hit the problem (we call that "shotgunning") well, that´s not the way.

Last edited:
Japanese transistors in general have same pinout so search that way.
American and European in general are different, but if mounted "upright" and TO92 case (or similar) you can "cross their legs" so they match.

Luckily none of them are on a heat sink so the pin-twisting could be a solution. I fail to find a 'modern' BJT in a TO92 with Collector on the center pin.

Now if they are mounted on PCB *and* on a heat sink you can´t twist legs (ok, you can in an emergency :( ) so straight go for Japanese ... same specs of course.

EDIT: the point is: why do you think they are bad?

IF you are trying to repair an amp by random replacing all parts hoping to hit the problem (we call that "shotgunning") well, that´s not the way.

They are part of a constant current section. The 1321 is shorted Collector to Emitter, the 1320 had a pin broken right by the housing, the 3334 is functioning but complementary to the 1321

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.