source for TO-18 PCB sockets???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm playing with some old 80's /90's mixers and I'd like to find some affordable sockets I could solder into the channel strips so i can quickly try different combinations of transistors (already have the IC sockets... that was apparently the easy part).

I want to equip all channel strips so I can test side by side

E-bay seems to have some one-at -a time for 4-5x more than the transistors cost.....

TIA!

Well this well known source for ham radio folks does have 'em but he's on his holiday vacation until Jan. </title> </head> <body><center> <table width="75%" border="8" cellpadding="15" bgcolor="#FFFF00" bordercolor="#0000FF" summary=""> <tr> <td><CENTER><H1>DAN'S SMALL PARTS AND KITS<p>P.O. BOX 3634<p>MISSOULA,MT.<p>59806<p><BR><P><H2>Closed From NOV 11T

Then there's these guys:
Transistor / Nuvistor Sockets
No! They're not cheap - but PTFE and gold plated pins? That aint cheap either.

How about three test lead mini-grabbers?

-- Jim

I have cut up DIP IC sockets with a Dremel to get 3 pin transistor sockets. Now I keep on hand 40 Pin SIP socket strips like these:

40 Pin DIP SIP IC Sockets Adaptor Solder Type

SIP_Socket_2.jpg

I use a knife to cut off what I need.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
You can also extract the bare machined pins seen in Fusor's pic and solder them into double sided matrix board in spread that suits TO18 parts. Sockets may look professional but they are a pain since you either need a front panel or chassis to wedge them in for support or you need to drill larger holes in the PCB to suit the connection tabs. I also find the soldering on socket tabs eventually fails or pads lift with a lot of use if you just solder them to the PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.