Solder/Connection Posts for Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

I will be undertaking my first loudspeaker project soon and am working on the BOM. The space available for building crossovers in these speakers will be generous and I'd really like to spread the components out, which makes using long tag strips for connecting the components less attractive. I've seen some small tag strips (usually 2 or 3 tags) on ebay, but at Burning Amp 2017, I noticed someone had used what looked like a single uninsulated metal post with a 90 degree tab at the bottom; the tab had a hole and the post was simply screwed into the crossover's mdf base (stupidly, I forgot to speak with that person). That would be perfect for my application.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar, single tag or post? It should be something that permits attaching the post to the base with a short screw, as opposed to a bolt; the base for my crossover will be 18mm mdf, so solutions using short bolts will not be helpful.

Thank you for your consideration!

Regards,
Scott

Terminal Strip

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, soldering terminal strip.
Available at index.

Attachments

• Terminal Strip.JPG
    Terminal Strip.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 184
Joined 2004
Paid Member
kaputt:

You're in the ballpark, though I'd prefer something simpler (those turret posts require drilling through the entire mdf base to mount the turret; I'd prefer just sinking a short screw into the base to secure the turret instead).

For a single post do you mean a solder tag?
Screw to board, bend up 90deg.

russc:

Yes, I could use a solder tag though I had hoped for something a little more elegant. I'm still kicking myself for not following up on what I saw at BAF2017.

Thanks!

Regards,
Scott

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.