Where can I buy one of these? LED in a TO-92 3-leg transistor package

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Where can I buy one of these?
Motorola TO-92 Package LED - The Vintage Technology Association

Color doesn't matter. but I want to get some for a project
I also hear they are working transistors. so I was thinking I could use them in a simple calculator so you could see all the transistors turning on and off without having a separate LED and resistor in parallel to the transistors?

That would be really cool.

Thats not exactly what I wanted. I dont want an invisible infrared one. or one of those kind for mice. thats not really what I wanted.
I dont want just simply a red LED
I want that 3-legged transistor looking LED in specifically the TO-92 package

and i already watched that exact youtube video and I dont have a deliverable address that i'm willing to give out. I was looking to see if a site like amazon or ebay had some of these to sell. or even just a single one is fine as long as it works

Not where but when: 30/40 years ago.
In fact the very first LEDs I bought were like these.
I also hear they are working transistors. so I was thinking I could use them in a simple calculator so you could see all the transistors turning on and off without having a separate LED and resistor in parallel to the transistors?
No they are not.
Just plain LEDs.
And even if they were LETs (Light Emitting Transistors) it would be useless looking at them because they would be switching at many kHz .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.