Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th October 2017, 04:07 PM   #11
catd is offline catd  Europe
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the advices.
First, I would test some single different OPs until I decide which type I choose for all.
The power consumption will not be a problem. The power supply is a 30VA transformer and standard +/- 15V voltage regulator (7815/7915). I could change the power supply in case of emergency, it is a separate component.
As far as I know, some (FET-) OP-types do not like, if (neg.-) input and output are connected directly. I would have to consider this in the selection, because preferably I want to make no further changes to the circuit or the PCB. But TL072 does not seem to belong to those.
Perhaps first not an adapter board, but a diy-adapter-socket would be better. Bottom side to fit in the 747-sockets at the equalizer board, top with DIL-8 socket to test various up-to-date ICs.

Last edited by catd; 12th October 2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: orthography
Old 12th October 2017, 06:26 PM   #12
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

The circuit diagram you posted is all classic 'text book' circuitry. The TL072 should be an ideal swap I would have thought.

Jfet opamps have a peculiar 'problem' of phase inversion if the common mode input voltage range is exceeded... that will never happen with your circuit.
Old 12th October 2017, 07:33 PM   #13
catd is offline catd  Europe
diyAudio Member

"all classic "textbook"circuits" That I had also thought.
When I buy parts the next time, I will order some of the suggested IC types and test them.

Hide this!Advertise here!