Extra iron powder toroids, any ideas?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so I slipped up and ordered the wrong toroids for my SMPS project. I got iron powder instead of ferrite, and they can't be returned. The permeabilities on these are way too low to be useful for the SMPS I had originally been planning, so any ideas on what else I can do with them? I can't return them. They're all 2" diameter, two are .75" tall and two are 1" tall. Permeability is around 160 for this material.

hmmm. yep, they are pretty big. Do you know where I can get info on flyback transformers? I have never really been interested in them because I had heard that they're not very good for high power applications (such as audio), but maybe I'll take a look at them...otherwise i am thinking about either trying to pawn them on EBAY or gluing them together and making a pen holder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.