Nakamichi binding posts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I remember reading years ago, that the Nakamichi we know from amps, cassette players, etc... never made connectors, rca or speaker. I could be wrong. The connectors you link to might be very good even if "misusing" the brand name. I don't know.

Very similar looking binding posts with a variety of "brand names" can be seen around. "Back in the day", there was a joke in the accessory industry that there were two factories in the OEM business - one that made the products, and one that made the packaging and labels.

Things may not have changed all that much?

The only issue with some of these larger sized posts is spacing on smaller sized chassis such is becoming more common on class D amps, et - particularly if you're wanting to use #14 / #12 wire or big-azz spades.

I suspect a gold plated connector made in a China factory with a fake label put on top, just to attract customers and potentially be sold for more money.
I've seen the same kind of binding posts, transparent plastic covered from another brand, but I can't recall its name.

There are a lot of replicas of Furutech and Neotech connectors.

Of the various styles I have used, including that one (some generic version), the WBT midline, and the smaller knurled cheapies on eBay, my personal favorite is the basic Dayton Audio BPA-38G. They are long, so you can use them to replace posts on vintage speaker cabinets (but sometimes get in the way of amp builds) and have a knurl at the speaker wall to keep the assembly from turning when you tighten down. They are not fancy, just seem to be a basic well thought out design, in my opinion.

Dayton Audio BPA-38G HD Binding Post Pair Gold

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 105
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.