Toshiba TTC004BQ / TTA004BQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Interesting devices. Looks quite same as Fairchild KSC2690/KSA1220, but with worse SOA.
It looks suitable driver for TTC/TTA output devices, as cost effective solution. I would use them up to +/-40V only.
Interesting, that they don't recommend to heatsinking without isolation :confused:

Sajti

Interesting devices. Looks quite same as Fairchild KSC2690/KSA1220, but with worse SOA.
It looks suitable driver for TTC/TTA output devices, as cost effective solution. I would use them up to +/-40V only.
Interesting, that they don't recommend to heatsinking without isolation :confused:

Sajti
Very interesting. I like the better Vceo to use at +50/-50V rails.
I am wondering about the isolation recommendation for the Thosibas.
May be this has to do with a thinner case for better heat transfer.
I see, as a trend Thermal resistance disappear from data sheet. Toshiba gives in it's recent product "Transfert thermal resistance" which tells more. It is given for the TTA006B/TTC006B :)
For the KSC2690/KSA1220 no Rth :-( no Transfert Rth in the datasheet :-(

Last edited:
Very interesting. I like the better Vceo to use at +50/-50V rails.
I am wondering about the isolation recommendation for the Thosibas.
May be this has to do with a thinner case for better heat transfer.

Maybe the plastic case will be OK to isolate the 40-50V DC, but not the maximum 160V. I will try, because I plan to buy some in september.

I see, as a trend Thermal resistance disappear from data sheet.

It's easy to calculate, so I guess, this is the reason why they cancel it from the table. 12.5 K/W junction to case.

Indeed, one can extract the Rth from the Tansfert thermal. Here Rth(j-c)=12°C/W and Rth(j-a)= 90°C/W for the Thoshibas. I like the Transfert thermal that gives the speed of temperature increase too.
My rant is on datasheets where there is NO thermal info at all, as about the OnSemi/Fairshild s we are talking about.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.