Forming capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You don't need to use a 100k.
Again I said use 10k or more.
You are trying to limit reforming current to a low value that ensures a slow reform.

This suggested "slow reform" is not adopted by many here. Many reform quickly or very quickly and some don't bother at all and reform instantly.
Then we get all the "burn in" Members who report hearing the effects of "in circuit reforming" of the electrolytics because they can't be bothered building their equipment properly. That takes time, They prefer to hear sound effects over weeks and months as their electrolytics gradually reform in circuit.

Funny thing - reforming

Its funny, I retired from DIY and audio in general years ago but I have a lot of amplifiers over here, many which sit in my audio room not used very much if at all. I was thinking recently that the caps may need to be reformed (one amp not turned on for 10 years). I figured modern caps bought new in 2003-2009 can most likely go longer without reforming, its not like they are from the 1960s. Anyway, I may have to come out of retirement briefly to check these guys out. More later...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.