Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

audio capacitors 1800/150 uF ?
audio capacitors 1800/150 uF ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2017, 08:20 AM   #291
thedoc735 is offline thedoc735  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
I am very patient to those with less knowledge provided that they show themselves to be teachable. You, on the other hand, have wanted to argue every point and insult those trying to help you. It is only because of my patience that you are not in my ignore list. I also try to be more tolerant of rudeness and arrogance from people I assume to be youngsters.
I am teachable but have learning difficulties, I am not a stupid idiot.
"Ague every point", you said it is good to challenge and that is what I have done! where are the insults? So, ignore me then! How old are you, I am no youngster?

Quote:
A genuine academic will welcome questions and challenges,
"Ague every point", you said it is good to challenge and that is what I have done!
Old 15th July 2017, 08:37 AM   #292
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I wondered if you/they meant stray capacitance,
Well, you should have clarified it with me then.

Quote:
It was meaningless in the context in which you used it. See, you are still arguing instead of listening.
You never stipulated in what context, you just said it was meaningless, how am I to know if you don't say what you mean? You are still arguing too!

Quote:
This is somewhat more than a mere rephrase.
OK, shows I am learning then.

Quote:
Textbooks.
If textbooks are providing inaccurate information when attempting to learn, and the pupil trusts this source and does not yet have the knowledge to discriminate or employ critical faculties, that then becomes a source of being mislead by the tutoring material and as it is incorrect, I argue that constitutes a form of brainwashing because you then have to unlearn it and start all over again! We have to agree to disagree on this issue I think.
Old 15th July 2017, 10:06 AM   #293
voltwide is offline voltwide  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc735 View Post
BTW DF96: in post 237 I was reporting what I'd done, I was NOT asking for tuition of any kind; it is entirely your own presumption that you took it on your own back/shoulders/yourself to offer teaching when none was requested or sought!

humility? - "the quality of having a modest or low view of one's own importance"; in this context - 'NO CHANCE!'

This is a prime example of an insult without resorting to foul language or threats.

Are you a former in-compassionate, inconsiderate, intolerant headmaster or some other sadistic occupation perhaps?

I hate it when unremarkable human beings "THINK" they are somehow 'better' than me.
Obviously it is your problem that people exist more knowledgable than you. I doubt you will find in real life people as patient with you as DF96.
Old 15th July 2017, 12:15 PM   #294
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltwide View Post
Obviously it is your problem that people exist more knowledgable than you. I doubt you will find in real life people as patient with you as DF96.
I don't have a problem with more knowledgeable people, it's just the attitude, he needs to learn some humility and stop talking down to those with less knowledge! And now he needs other people to step in (like you) and fight his corner on his behalf. Surely he can speak for himself? What's it got to do with you anyway, unless you have something useful and constructive to say about the subject matter/thread topic?
Old 15th July 2017, 12:17 PM   #295
diyAudio Member

ONLY subject matter replies will be answered, the rest will now be completely ignored, so don't waste your time!
Old 15th July 2017, 12:21 PM   #296
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Which was?......oh yes I remember....
Quote:
Sorry! ...still at least several contributors have now confirmed this, makes me feel more secure when you all back each other up in this way!

Cheers!
Old 15th July 2017, 12:24 PM   #297
voltwide is offline voltwide  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I don't have a problem with more knowledgeable people, it's just the attitude, he needs to learn some humility and stop talking down to those with less knowledge! And now he needs other people to step in (like you) and fight his corner on his behalf. Surely he can speak for himself? What's it got to do with you anyway, unless you have something useful and constructive to say about the subject matter/thread topic?
Ok, I'm done here!
Old 17th July 2017, 12:08 PM   #298
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoc735
I am teachable but have learning difficulties, I am not a stupid idiot.
I know some people with genuine learning difficulties. They are easy to get on with. They don't argue all the time.

My ignore list just expanded.
Old 17th July 2017, 01:35 PM   #299
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I know some people with genuine learning difficulties. They are easy to get on with. They don't argue all the time.

My ignore list just expanded.
People with learning difficulties ALL have their own personality traits! So, now you are an expert on learning difficulties all of a sudden? I find it hard to believe that you could be so judgmental of my condition when you haven't even met me! A verdict based on a forum thread were out personalities appear to have clashed. You said: "to challenge is good", I am therefore being challenging, not argumental. Unless of course you mean that it is OK for you to challenge me, but not OK for me to challenge you? i.e. Don't challenge the apparent teacher or if you do - prepare to face a backlash! ~ as others on this thread have pointed out! Let's be clear on this: by learning difficulties I mean things like dyslexia, not down's syndrome etc. I would have thought that someone with learning difficulties would present more of a challenge to a teacher - not less than the average pupil? I accept that you are now ignoring me, glad to have had the last word!

Last edited by thedoc735; 17th July 2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 18th July 2017, 12:57 PM   #300
dreamth is offline dreamth  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well said, I found even school mostly useless. I could never understand the teaching method, but years before the internet I went home and used books in my own free time until "the penny dropped". Now-a-days it would be picked up on like dyslexia which means you need an alternative approach to teaching that individual pupil, when 'conventional wisdom' fails. Back then in the day, you didn't have 'learning difficulties', you were just branded as a STUPID IDIOT!
I had a simillar discussion with the phylosophy teacher who was also the manager of the college when i was in my 12th grade in highschool(state public romanian system back in 1995) and i remember mentioning the Maxwell electricity basics books against the usual books used to teach us electricity while i was doing 7 hours of physics every week.At the time i had the same thoughts as you.I was 18...It took me another 20 years to get to read and solve the university courses with problems for transistors and topologies from that time and still didn't understand everything very well.That course was ment to be learned by students in 3 months among other 12 courses.It took me litterally 6 months to read that course and that was everything i did in those 6 months but i was enough with being mocked by real electronics engineers for my lack of knoledges on theoretical aspects.I never went to a university and learned electronics just out of passion.Now i have 15 years of servicing, repairing and even prototyping minor analogue and digital electronics, i was really good in everything i did including servicing high tech medical and physical chemistry analysers,industrial lasers ,very high precision interferometers and many other trully interesting things , i was even able to improve or innovate arround them on many ocasions, but never became a true prototyping proffessional like those who were able to learn the hard and institutionalized way, like those who learned tons of mathematics and got to microelectronics hardcore prototyping .

I am amazed that your topic got to 30 pages...but i am not surprised by the fact that you have the same learning difficulties in your adulthood.
Please let me tell you smth:
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS AS YOU, I ALLWAYS HAD THEM AND THEY NEVER DISSAPEARED, but i learned only one small thing in my 40 years: 1+1still equals 2, no matter how many education systems have changed since i was 6 years old when i started primary shool.

What i am trying to tell you is that learning the hard way will never be challenged by untraditional methods of learnig because they are a special construct for people that shows learning difficulties.

You might be a genious, but if your way of learning is not compatible with the vast majority of teaching techniques, you won't be ever able to be at the same level with those who CAN be teached the usual way just because of the amount of knoledges that are taught the usual way to people, way before they could get to most difficult theoretical aspects.

On the other hand there's nothing on this world to impede you make a new discovery, have a true lateral thinking that would bring new revolutionary ideas to this world.
At the same time your discovery will be just another discovery among zillions of discoveries made by both genious and not so genious but hard working people.

DF96 is a trully remarcable guy and there's lots of things to learn from him.
He read your topic and answered to you.
Did you read his topics or posts in other topics than yours?

So , if i don't agree with you is because there's a bombproof experience i had since i finished my military service.
A technician, no matter how good it is, is still a technician.He might be way better than an engineer on practical aspects and still he won't be able to assimilate theoretical aspects at the same rate as an engineer.
I find many over proud technicians, i am one of them ,ocassionaly they can outperform an engineer here and there and sometimes even on minor theoretical aspects, but an engineer has a different aproach than a technician and will be able to harness the theoretical aspects better in general than a technician.
Even if you have an engineer diploma, your mindset is the one of a testing technician in contempt to theoretical engineers and this isn't any value at all.
You might outperform an engineer sometimes on practical aspects relevant only to you , but that is all you can do.
By the way...my usual jobs were described as test or service technicians while my official badge was one of a Testing or Service engineer.The truth was the one written in the contract.Sometimes i didn't even wear my badge at sight because i was ashamed to show that in front of a true engineer.Everybody adressed me as an engineer just because i was capable enough for the job, but i never forgot what an engineer is.II don't have a single diploma or did any electronics course in my life, except one for alarm systems after i have allready serviced them for two years in the past .I allways lerned everything at the job and i was quite proficient.I had your attitude at the beginning for a few times but then i met real engineers that had a bit of teaching talent.They put me to shame and so i started to realize that even those who don't have a teaching talent or techniques were way better than me on many aspects.The only way to learn something is TO LISTEN FIRST!

English is not my maternal languge so i apologise for grammar or other mistakes if they apper to you so in my writings!

Last edited by dreamth; 18th July 2017 at 01:03 PM.

audio capacitors 1800/150 uF ?Hide this!Advertise here!