Digi-key banner ads

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've often wondered if everyone gets the same ads or if they really do target based on your habits. Lately the Digi-key ads that have been popping up here have been featuring some "interesting" transistor choices. Not the ones you'd expect to be used by the masses here - I'd more expect C5200s to pop up rather than the ..... MJE5852 and KSP94. Just the sort of thing you need for a 15 mA VAS operating off a 350 volt power supply (in darlington). Not too long before, I bought some, and the corresponding NPNs of course just for said purpose. Seems odd to me they would be pushing these, unless of course big brother really does know my habits. Tough sell to guys biulding chip amps and Blameless and amps of sane power levels, but indispensable for 5 kilowatters. Maybe the tube guys use them for current sources? So what I'm wondering is everyone getting the MJE5852 ads, or does big brother just know I consume (and inhale)? Or is the use of these devices more widespread than I would expect from the projects I see posted here?

They follow you. I see it all the time. If someone asks about a direct out for their amp, I go to Musicians Friend to look up a couple model numbers, and then my banner ads are for, tada, Musicians friend and the very products I looked at. At that exact moment you would not see the same ads. Don't need Big Brother to watch when your cookies are right there on your own machine.

What's most interesting is that the machine I use for Internet forums is not the same one I use for anything financial (including digikey, mouser and PE orders). Not even on the same network. I haven't had a credit card hacked since. Before that it was once a year like clockwork. But I do look stuff up, even if I buy with another machine.

So you guys do get different transistors pop up on your digikey ads? Which ones are popping up for you?

Oh look - there it is at the bottom... MJE350. But that one is in common use so it could be easily discounted as coincidence.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.