custom selector switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy, i'm wondering if anyone knows a source for getting some custom (not complicated....but not exactly the usual kind of selector switch) selector switches made. A run of 50 or so is needed. 7 positions. don't need to be super duper quality, but someone I know doesn't want to spend a big amount of $ and needs something specific. Any ideas on a source? thanks!

-Matthew K. Olson

Mattyo5 said:
....but not exactly the usual kind of selector switch) selector switches made.

What kind do you need?

fcel said:
Bill,
If you have some for sell, go ahead post the ebay link. I myself is looking for some mechanical selector switch suitable for XLR switching.

?? The few switches I had for sale are spoken for and they were never on ebay. They probably wouldn't have met his needs anyway.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Mattyo5 said:
Howdy, i'm wondering if anyone knows a source for getting some custom (not complicated....but not exactly the usual kind of selector switch) selector switches made. A run of 50 or so is needed. 7 positions. don't need to be super duper quality, but someone I know doesn't want to spend a big amount of $ and needs something specific. Any ideas on a source? thanks!

-Matthew K. Olson

I did research into this myself earlier this week, looking for a switch for a ladder attenuator. Here are my 3 favorite vendors:

1. Elma seems to have the nicest switches. They will make any custom switch. They seem to be best for low current applications.
2. Grayhill makes great switches, which are more heavy duty than the Elma switches, and often military grade.
3. Electroswitch products seem to be the cheapest available, yet are still decent.

All these companies are willing to work with you to get a custom part, and will probably already offer a standard part that will work for your application. If you are placing a fairly large order, they will probably even send you a sample (often they will sell you a single unit at the 100 unit price) to try before you place your order (I urge no one to abuse this program).

--
Brian

Mattyo5 said:

-Matthew K. Olson
this is where a "paper catalog" from Newark Electronics, Allied Electronics etc. is really helpful

look for Tyco type MRJ, Greyhill Series 71, Series 19, Series 56, Electroswitch D2D, D4, C4, C5, C7 etc. -- all carried by Newark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.