So What Kind of RCA Jacks do we like???

So, if you don't want to pay more for a couple pair of RCA jacks the entire rest of your build....
YET you don't want oriental ripp-off junk....
But JUST want something electrically sound, good quality, reasonable cost....

What do YOU go for????

TIA

Greg

Hee! Somehow I think this is not what Greg had in mind...

Seriously though, there seems to be more of a selection gap in RCA jacks as opposed to plugs. For me, the next step up from the above was quite a jump in price; and since these are going into a 12-channel digital volume control (so 24 jacks total), panel space is also a factor. I would've preferred something a bit more robust, but I don't use large heavy interconnects, so these will be fine.

Last edited:
Canare have some nice female RCAs mounted in Neutrik-style panel mounts for about $7 each. Good dielectric, thick gold plating, only drawback (to me) is plated brass versus plated copper or beryllium copper material.

Still, decent overall and priced right, not too cheap, not too expensive.

Canare Corp.: RCA Connectors: Flush-Mount Receptacles(RJ-RU, RJ-BCJRU, RJ-RUD, RJ-RUDB, RJ-BCJRUD, RJ-BCJRUDB)

(If the link dies, part Nos are: Canare RJ-RU, RJ-BCJRU, RJ-RUD, RJ-RUDB, RJ-BCJRUD, RJ-BCJRUDB)

Neutrik have similar connectors Part Nos NF2D and NF2D-B, about $5
Gold over Nickel over brass; Polyamide dielectric

Last edited:
I find the Parts Express CHRB strikes a good balance between quality and price. One thing I don't like about these is that the outer assembly does not have a hex to tighten. And postage is as much as a pair.

Parts Express Chassis Mount RCA Jack Pair

Attachments

• 091-1120_HR_0.jpg
    091-1120_HR_0.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Awhile back, someone on the forum was selling custom manufactured rhodium jacks for about $10/pair. I bought a set.

What I really liked about them

1) they mount from the inside (nut is on the outside), which is very convenient
2) they don't have those flimsy things used for a ground connection. Connection is made by soldering to the part itself.

What I liked about them: rhodium (I can be a little vain, right?)

Cardas also makes a good pair, but they are more expensive, maybe $25/pair.

I think I've used neutrik, but not those rectangular flange types. But I may be thinking about bnc.

Me too. PN NYS367 in various colors. I even sprung for a 10mm drill bit for the isolating washer hole.

Sorry for the thread necrophilia. I'm looking for decent quality chassis-mount RCA jacks that don't cost a fortune. The REAN part you mentioned looks good. However, I see that a 3/8" drill bit (which I have) is 9.5mm. Did you try that for drilling the mounting hole, but found that it was too small to use? A half a millimeter is not much.

I was down at the local Home Depot and they don't stock metric drill bits.
I'm internet shopping for a 10mm drill bit, but in the meantime, I was wondering about the 3/8"/9.5mm bit I already have...