Akai M9 capstan sleeve!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wasn't sure where to post this..

Could someone please give me the dimensions for an akai M9 capstan sleeve! I really need one, living in Australia it's almost $100 for a tiny piece of aluminium to be sent to me.

If someone has one can you please comment the dimensions so I can CAD one. It'd be a huge help! For both sleeves (if you have the larger one as well)

Thank you!

Is that the one where you changed capstan sleeves to change speed, and there was a small post nearby with a spring clip over it to store the sleeve not in use? I used to have some of those, not sure where they'd be now.

But to be creative: Measure the rotation speed of the shaft. Pi times diameter is the tape length per revolution - the circumference. SO solving for circumference, once you know rotation and linear measure. Thus: what circumference do you need for 15 ips (or whatever your target speed)at that rotation rate? Divide that by pi for the diameter you need.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.