recomended rotary encoders for midi?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im doing some stuff with the livid brain v2 recently and i want to make a little rotary encoder that can control midi, kind of acting like a motorized knob blah blah blah.

im just looking for a good endless rotary encoder for midi, no detents, but id like it to be able to have a natural rotation for when i turn it 270 degrees its like turning a potentiometer.

im thinking that would be 128 "phases" per rotation, but since id want 128 for every 270 degrees id geus id want about 140-150 ish phases.

but im not sure what i want. id want this to be precise but i dont want to go buy a $30 pot.

when ever i do look up rotary encoders i always find this replacement one that is used for berhingers rotary encoder based controller this thing: Behringer Y32 30030 05278 Rotary Encoder for BCF2000 and DJX750 | Full Compass
could that be used for the brain?

I'm just a little confused for how much phases i realy need for rotation so for when i turn it, its a natural rotation like a pot and that will work with the brain (i know its most of them)

thanks for any help :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.