looking for 24awg solid core CU cable, teflon insulated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
bigparsnip said:
Not, quite what you are after, but it ios one of the more reasonable places I have found the PTFE coted cables in the UK. Have a look at the page below from the IPL site.

http://www.iplacoustics.co.uk/ipl_cables.htm

cheers, but i normaly try and stay away from silver plated copper cables aswell standed cables. I tried using a solid core silver plated cable before but for a interconnect, it didnt suit me. Thx anyhow

Pjotr said:
Hi,

Who has it for sure is http://www.habia.se/. There is an office in Britain as well. Otherwise Farnell sells FPTE isolated 26 AWG (0.4 mm) as Tefzel wire-wrapping wire on 100m rolls.

Cheers ;)

i mailed habia to see if they can supply to me direct or where in the UK i could pick some up from, i'm awaiting a response, thx

tiroth said:
ApexJR in USA...

a little out the way, and its silver plated, but as its cheap i may try some if the shipping costs resonable, thx

00940 said:
ain't the belden cat5 made of 8 teflon isolated 24awg solid OFC wires ?

had a second check though beldens catalouge of comp cables doesnt seem like they stock any

thx all

SimontY said:

Why don't you go a step further (towards natural sound?) and stay away from teflon too? :D

I havent heard it my-self so i wanna give it a try VS my current cable. The current stuff im using is a cat5 multibraid made to chris ven haus recipee. I'm not to sure what the insualtion is as they were offcuts i had from a massive job wiring a libary a few years ago works well enough though, but as im redo'ing the binding posts on my amp and speakers i thought i'd see if some higher purity CU teflon insulated cable would work any better for me, worth a shot if its cheap enough.

SimontY said:
How about a paper dialectric? I've been wondering how this might be achieved...

I suppose you could take some plain ol' brown kraft paper shipping tape (the kind with the gum adhesive that you have to wet), lay your strands side-by-side down a length of it, moisten it, and fold it over the strands. Something similar has been recommended using plastic shipping tape.

se

Lovan said:
Are you sure that tefzel is the same as PTFE? I had the impression that it wasn´t the same?

Hi,

There are many derivatives from PTFE. Tefzel is called ETFE and has a dielectric constant of app 2.5. Here is the datasheet:

http://www.teflon.com/Teflon/downloads/pdf/h96518.pdf

I am using this 26 AWG Tefzel isolated wire for interlinks with good results. But it is also silver plated copper wire and not solid silver.

Cheers ;)

You can make the wire you like.

Take the bare wire you like, (bus wire, the speaker cable of your choice - stipped of insulation, something else you like) and then purchase the sleeving you like.

I solder the first end, cut to length, slide the sleeving over the wire, solder the other end. Cutting teflon tubing is easier than stripping teflon wire. This works well for point-to-point projects.

I use teflon for it's high voltage, high current, high temp properities. Teflon wire will survive a dumb mistake best.

Aud_Mot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.