Help with IC replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Last edited:
Thank you very much Rayma! Do I know you from other Moscode 300 posts? Trying to figure out why R36, 2k7 ohm 2 watt resistor burned up. The opto IC, another IC 555p (a timer) and a 2n4410 transistor are in the circuit, so I'm just replacing everything. This circuit controls the speaker output relay, which seems to work OK, and not being a EE, I have no idea what's going on...

Joined 2011
Thank you very much Rayma! Do I know you from other Moscode 300 posts? Trying to figure out why R36, 2k7 ohm 2 watt resistor burned up. The opto IC, another IC 555p (a timer) and a 2n4410 transistor are in the circuit, so I'm just replacing everything. This circuit controls the speaker output relay, which seems to work OK, and not being a EE, I have no idea what's going on...

I've never owned one, just trying to help. The R36 is part of the protection relay drive circuit,
so check all the parts in there carefully, D12, IC1, Q8, D11, all the electrolytic capacitors associated, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.