Detent pots

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Noble used to make such pots for audio and which I think were
well regarded by many. At least they were expensive. :)
I just checked and they still seem to make some type which they
at least call multiple detent (as an option, as I understand it).
Check the 16mm size models. I have no idea if these have anything
in common to their earlier versions, though.

http://www.nobleusa.com/rpotpm.html

Edit: I just realized that these cannot be the same as the old
ones I was thinking about, since they were much bigger than
16mm. I suppose they are discontinued then, or at least I
haven't seen anybody selling them for many years.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
maylar said:
Is there a source for stereo volume controls with detents? All I've been able to find are a single detent in the middle, or fancy stepped attenuators.

Thanks.

I bought a couple of nice stereo detented Alps Black Beauty potentiometers from Percy Audio: www.percyaudio.com

They are very nice. He is selling them for $35 each.

(unit on the left...)

--
Brian

Attachments

• sw-004.jpg
    sw-004.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 392
Hi Bill

Greetings from Bangalore, India.

I need a 50K Noble pot, checked what you have offered on Ebay and will take one of those. I will be in the US next week and can ask my brother in Nashville to make the payment, though I dont think he uses Paypal. I was in fact in touch yesterday with Parts Connexion to order a 100K Noble pot because I couldnt find the 50K unit..Also I have no need to go through Ebay.

My email id is gjo@dtsam.com

If you can email me offlist with your address for sending payment and the name of the payee, as well as the amount, including shipping costs, I'll take arrange for him to send you the payment.

Thanks

George

maylar said:
Is there a source for stereo volume controls with detents? All I've been able to find are a single detent in the middle, or fancy stepped attenuators.
One man's frustration is another man's delight, I guess. :) Where did you find the centre-detent pots? I want them for practically every preamp I build, and I've been looking for them for a long time. If you can please point me to some sources, I'll be really grateful.

TIA. :)

Re: Re: Detent pots

tcpip said:
One man's frustration is another man's delight, I guess. :) Where did you find the centre-detent pots? I want them for practically every preamp I build, and I've been looking for them for a long time. If you can please point me to some sources, I'll be really grateful.

TIA. :)

Center detent is an option on some Alps, Xicon/Alpha and Bourns pots that I've found in the online catalogs. Bourns PDB 18 series looks promising for panel mount with a bushing:

http://www.bourns.com/2/comp_2.html

Finding a distributor with them in stock is the next problem...

Re: Re: Re: Detent pots

maylar said:
Center detent is an option on some Alps, Xicon/Alpha and Bourns pots that I've found in the online catalogs. Bourns PDB 18 series looks promising for panel mount with a bushing:
Finding a distributor with them in stock is the next problem...
Yes, I too have seen these options in various manufacturers' data sheets. It's just that none of the resellers seems to be stocking them. Sigh...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.