Where can found R-core Transformer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Elso,

I will do so. I will publish a list by the end of the week with all types available under www.hifituning.de.

By june I plan to rebuild my bussiness as I will then have a little more time after some serious time of development work for the Scheu brand which eats up all my available time at the moment....

Please check my web and I promise to give you an answer in time!

Cheers,

Chris

These are pretty nice units and the ones I have on hand are made by Shilchar/India. Though the internet tells you R-cores have low interwinding capacitance, these units come with an electrostatic screen ;) Won't hurt certainly.

These R-cores tolerate some DC before humming and the magnetic stray field is pleasantly low.

Have fun, Hannes

I don't think there is such a thing as a "US based supplier" for R-core transformers. At best you find someone who specifies a design and then imports from the far-east. Of the few such "US based" companies I have found, none appear to be set up for selling small quantities, though I have not specifically inquired, just merely looked at their web pages.

Im not a tech myself, so I don't have a lot of knowledge in the field.

What Im after is I have a Sony TC-KA7ES cassette deck which is a Japanese only model. So it runs on 100 volt 50 hz power at 27 watts.

Im wondering if the stock Sony dual R core transformer can be replaced with a similar unit, but be able to run on North American 120 volt 60 hz power at 27 watts?

If so is there a part number I should look for with Sony that would work on this swap? If Sony doesn't have a unit that will work, what other R core options do I have?

Braxus;
Only starting to look into this myself but you should note BrianL's post #35 above. Google up "R Core Transformers" and see what's available on the North American continent. You should jot down all the specs for the transformer and then go looking - finding 120v/60hz would be standard but the output and Va rating need to match as well. It may be that 27w is not available off the shelf and you may have to ask a company to custom wind that transformer. The other option would be to find something very close and have the power regulation of the unit altered to suit. Others more qualified to speak about transformers could add more.
Az

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.