Like PA Female connector.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On my full range speakers I have what looks like a female PA connection for the umbilical connecting cord to push into. Is anyone familiar with these connectors , as I require a spare. cliff.jpg

I'm not sure what that connector is, but it ain't SpeakOn.

- there's only one notch in the outer barrel
- all the contacts are on the outside of the inner barrel (4-pole speakOn has two outside, two inside)
- the contacts are arranged for a push connection, not a twist connection like SpeakOn.

It does look like an identical cutout to SpeakOn sockets, though. I'd replace that and anything similar with the SpeakOn connectors mentioned before. That way, you've got the industry standard and can source parts easily.

Chris

Are those powered speakers using that connector (amp built into the speaker cabinet)? The connector in the picture is a power mains connector not a speaker connector. Yes one would work for the other but if it is being used to connect the speaker to the amplifier and someone actually connects a mains power cable to that connector that would not be good for the speaker!!

Thanks for pictures, odd they used a mains power connector instead of the speaker rated connector.
At least here in the states back before the Speakon was around there was the Cannon EP series connector that people and companies would use for multi conductor speaker connections some would use various Hubbell power connectors, that did have the same risk as Cliff mains power connectors on your speakers.
When the Speakon came out that quickly became the speaker connector of choice.
Cliff connectors are not seen to often here, it looks like they make a Speakon compatible speaker connector.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.