Help finding Elac subwoofer toroidal transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a subwoofer, SUB-101ESP-E. After a recent electricity surge, it stopped working. A friend who is an electronic engineer with 40 years experience(!) said that the speaker and circuit are fine, but the toroidal transformer has a short. You can see it at https://goo.gl/photos/Cp72jZRygEq3SpVPA. The only marking on it seems to be the model of the subwoofer.

As there are no identifying markings on the transformer, I can't easily order a suitable replacement. I haven't had much response from Elac (yet), or their local distributor, who insists that I send the whole unit back, and that they diagnose and fix it for an unspecified fee.

We just want to replace the part ourselves. Anybody here know how I can find a suitable replacement part? I can send more photos if required.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.