Toshiba monolithic dual transistors: SA1349/SC3381 - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th April 2002, 03:17 AM   #21
Banned

Default Sanyo transistors

More transistor information.
http://www.semic.sanyo.co.jp/solutio...ansistors.html
H.H.
Old 8th April 2002, 04:07 AM   #22
Banned

Default Sanyo audio transistors

To find the PDF file in english
http://service.semic.sanyo.co.jp/semi/menu_ds_e.asp
I just know I am going to hear about this one......

H.H.
Old 8th April 2002, 11:25 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default why hear about this one?

Harry,

why do you think you are gonna hear about this one?
I followed up the transistors suggested in the Japanese selection guide. The high power devices are nothing special, i.e. the Sanken LAPT devices are better in terms of bandwidth and gain linearity. The drivers are about the same I found in my spree into video trannies...

If you are still interested in the Toshiba duals (with the caveats to be outlined in the next post), I can order some more & will most likely be in the US in May & could stick them in the next letterbox.

Greetings,

Eric
Old 8th April 2002, 11:33 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Angry shipment from Reichelt arrived

got the parcel today. Sometimes Reichelt really sucks. They don't state the current gain class for their Japanese trannies, but so far everything has been in the same class, always middle or high.

Well now I have a dozen 2SA1538 in class E (3 out of 4) and a dozen 2SC3953 in class C (1 out of 4). Could use them as cascodes but not really as complementary VAS stages -- there is just no way to match them (all were pretty constants, i.e. gain 52-56 or 220-250). Also, the 2SC3953 don't look like Sanyo usually look. The have a marking by SEC. Didn't know there were second sources....

Similarly, the 2SA1349 are from class BL, the 2SC3381 are GR. Actual gains are not too bad: 480 vs. 335 .

Aren't JFETs sensitive to ESD? While the J310s came in aluminum wrapping, the 2SK389/J309 came without.
Old 8th April 2002, 11:37 PM   #25
Banned

Default Hear about this one

I meant that I would get chewed out the confusion on Sanyo PDF files. I and or Jocko have, or can get, most any of the Toshiba or Sanyo transistors we have been discussing but thanks for the offer. I even have a stash of 2SK147s and several Violet bias group Toshiba fets. Jocko and I collect transistors like some people hoard fine wines. I also have a pretty good collection of audio grade caps and resistors. It pays to be prepared.

H.H.
Old 8th April 2002, 11:42 PM   #26
Banned

Default Static sensitive

Everything is static sensistive to a degree but I have stored Jfets in with out anti static precautions with out damaging them so you are probably OK. Feel free to send me whatever you like when in the US as long as is not antrax power which makes the post office real jumpy.

H.H.
Old 9th April 2002, 12:04 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Default "It pays to be prepared."

I am familiar with that. Tend to order extra things while placing the order for things acutely needed - just in case. Also, tend to buy surplus that is really a good deal except that most of it just sits there without getting used, except in arguments, by she who must be obeyed (who doesn't see that she also collects useless stuff, just happens to be other things...).

Anyway, I like collecting rare wines better. Wine tastes better than trannies. Also, gratification is more instant, i.e. after handling a cork-pull instead of soldering iron, scope, .....

On the other hand, wine is beginning to take up more space than electronics stuff.

Was under the impression you had problems laying your fingers on more Toshiba duals. But if you have your sources, that should just be easier.

Doesn't anybody want to comment on SEC second sourcing Sanyo?

Cheers!

Eric
Old 9th April 2002, 12:30 AM   #28
Banned

Angry she who must be obeyed

Hey that's my wife's name too! Heres what happened when she found out how many Rifa caps I bought at the surplus store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg she.jpg (4.5 KB, 324 views)
Old 9th April 2002, 10:30 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default what is WEC?

While I have seen SEC stamped on RAM chips, I have no idea who they are or if they have a web site (various semiconductor link pages drew a blank there).

Turns out the 2SC2837 (Sanken LAPT) Reichelt shipped me were also second sources. They are marked WEC, and their gain is low, just in spec. Who is WEC???
Old 9th April 2002, 10:54 AM   #30
sonnya is offline sonnya  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I know that http://www.mospec.com.tw is second source on the 2SA1186/2SC2837..

But i do not know if it is there marking.

Sonny

Hide this!Advertise here!